Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lemon garlic chix + chelo ba tahdig

Options
2»

Comments

• DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Options
    That looks stellar my friend. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    NDG said:
    oh baby !!! meal looks so good - and interesting - i want some !! 

I made a persian rice like that years ago (saffron/yogurt/dried cherries/basmati rice) i think it was called Tachin??  Anyway I just remember how fun it was to flip out of the pan and crack open !!  Yours looks to die for.
    That sounds pretty good, too! Do you still have the recipe, by any chance?

There are several Iranian/Persian rice dishes that look so delicious. Tahdig is probably the simplest one. I've had the one with dill and lima beans in it  (baghali polo) before, but would really like to try ones with sour cherries, chicken, etc. in the mix. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Dude, you have been killing it lately - that looks amazing. Will definitely be trying this when my son and his tribe come down next month.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.