Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Headquarters- Tucker GA

Options
I really apologize if this has already been brought up, but who knows when the BGE place over in Tucker/Doraville GA plans to re-open?
My hinge assembly finally gave out, and as y’all probably know, there isn’t one ANYWHERE right now.  I’m having to PAN-FRY!!!
That is unless anyone has some other ideas?

”NEED LARGE HINGE ASSEMBLY......will provide Q”. 😎

Comments

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    If CGS doesn’t have it you can also try Outdoor Home.  I’ve ordered from both places and they’re both great.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    any chance it might be a warranty issue?

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    I really apologize if this has already been brought up, but who knows when the BGE place over in Tucker/Doraville GA plans to re-open?

I’m dead serious - I thought the mothership is in Tucker. Are you saying it is closed to the public? 

And while I’m at it does anyone know if Ray Lampe aka Dr BBQ is still working for BGE? I just haven’t seen Ray’s name mentioned in a long while.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options
    RRP said:

I’m dead serious - I thought the mothership is in Tucker. Are you saying it is closed to the public? 

And while I’m at it does anyone know if Ray Lampe aka Dr BBQ is still working for BGE? I just haven’t seen Ray’s name mentioned in a long while.

@RRP Tucker has been closed to the public for a year abouts.
    Ray got shafted by corporate beancounters much the same as the original forum got shafted by the same people.  Unfortunate neither had a union looking out for them.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    RRP said:

Ray got shafted by corporate beancounters much the same as the original forum got shafted by the same people.  Unfortunate neither had a union looking out for them.
    totally sad  :s
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options

Where is the location in Tucker?  The only one I am aware of is in Doraville,  off I-85, just south of 285/Spaghetti Junction.

BGE web site shows the Doraville location as well.
    https://biggreenegg.com/contact-us/

Raleigh, NC
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    The original used to be in Tucker. They moved to Doraville a few years ago. 
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but have you checked with your BGE dealer(s)? I ordered a new band assembly some time last year ( I think), and they had it in the store within the week. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    if still looking for a large band assembly, might check Ace Hardware
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Billy Bush
    Options
    RRP said:

I meant Doraville....I still think of it as Tucker because I’m in Tucker and almost right between the old Tucker location and the Doraville.  I can’t believe it’s closed though either way!  This isn’t good. 😳😳
  • Billy Bush
    Options
    caliking said:
    Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but have you checked with your BGE dealer(s)? I ordered a new band assembly some time last year ( I think), and they had it in the store within the week. 
    The BGE dealer here is closed for some reason, so I started calling all the authorized dealers around and every one of them says they’re on back order.  I found one (I thought) out in St Louis but they sent me a note the day AFTER I paid them for it saying that it was back-ordered too.

I’ll just keep on searching.  I just hate it that the headquarters is closed down.  The building says “temporarily” but that doesn’t tell much. 

• loco_engr
    Options
    might take some leg work, but acehardware location in GA
    a lot of Ace Hardware stores are BGE dealers
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    This global chip shortage is screwing us all!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Same issue here. Nothing available locally. CGS is backordered too with no idea when they'll be back in stock.