Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UK specific BGE on web ?

Options
Hello , new owner of a Minimax to share between home and my holiday lodge. Is there any UK specific forum or FB page etc. ? If not would anyone be interested in a FB group page if I set one up ?

Thanks 

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    A few of us are on here, this is the place to learn about all things Egg related.

Welcome to the forum.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Welcome!  The minimax is a great grill!  Enjoy!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @Ceebee58 welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Timing is everything-as @Eoin said, this is the best place for any BGE (and more) info.  
    Turns out that for the past 13 months a Zoom session has run every Friday evening to help address the covid lock-downs and offer participants a chance to "meet" and tell watering hole/pub like stories.  The end of that event is about upon us but around every six weeks we would open it up at 5 PM (EDT)/10 PM (BST) and a few of your countrymen would log in and regale us Yanks with perspective from your side of the Pond.  Turns out the last of the sessions will happen Friday May 28th (5 PM/10 PM).  
    I will post a separate thread early next week with the Zoom link and provide the password by PM.  Hope you can attend.  BTW- the level of participation is each attendee's choice.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Ceebee58 said:
    Hello , new owner of a Minimax to share between home and my holiday lodge. Is there any UK specific forum or FB page etc. ? If not would anyone be interested in a FB group page if I set one up ?

Thanks 
    Get in quick, or slots for former rulers are almost full 😁
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ceebee58
    Ceebee58 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the responses folks - feeling at home already. Had a session with the minimax but still learning . Its a geat piece of kit and just right for a few people (I will only ever need it for 6 Maximum)
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Ceebee58 said:
    It's a geat piece of kit
    Thanks for that bit of confirmation that you are who you claim to be. An American would have used the word "equipment" but "kit" is the correct word for you. 

Of course, you'll have to get used to the fact that nearly all our temp readings will be in °F instead of your more logical °C but that should be obvious.

Anyway, certainly a warm (F or C) welcome! 
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ceebee58 said:
    Thanks for the responses folks - feeling at home already. Had a session with the minimax but still learning . Its a geat piece of kit and just right for a few people (I will only ever need it for 6 Maximum)
    Welcome!

if I may correct you, it’s your first egg. Slim chance that it will be your only/last egg =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    and it works a treat 😃
    canuckland
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Welcome @Ceebee58. I’m an accidental admin for the Facebook minimax group. Join if you want. Good group of people sharing all things mini max. 

• TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome. Another Brit joins our ranks. Im becoming less unique by the month 😂 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Welcome @Ceebee58. I’m an accidental admin for the Facebook minimax group. Join if you want. Good group of people sharing all things mini max. 

I still have issues with the Mini Max.
    I think of it as a vertically challenged Small BGE.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TheToast said:
    Welcome. Another Brit joins our ranks. Im becoming less unique by the month 😂 
    Just to sow uncertainty, I present this:

Options
    Welcome bud, another UK egger here. We might make it into double digits one day. Feel free to check out my food blog https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/ there's a fair few BGE recipes on there. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Welcome bud, another UK egger here. We might make it into double digits one day. Feel free to check out my food blog https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/ there's a fair few BGE recipes on there. 
    Nice website. Good all around.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I still have issues with the Mini Max.
    I think of it as a vertically challenged Small BGE.
    agree with you there.  I use mine on a table, and enjoy it in the stand.  I think it was named correctly, as it is much more mini more than a small egg.  The small is a completely different, and superior egg.  And from that angle, the medium is a much better small.  This logic is how you end up with every egg, and my obsession requires it.
  • Ceebee58
    Ceebee58 Posts: 6
    Options
    Bookmarked .