Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gifted BGE warranty question

Options
Brisketpizza423
Brisketpizza423 Posts: 1
edited May 2021 in EggHead Forum
Hello,
I won a large BGE at work through a giveaway. While cooking the other day, I noticed my fire ring  is broken in two. It’s still functional but I was wondering if I would have any trouble registering the warranty considering I have no proof of purchase. Also, I did not register at the time that I got it so I am questioning if I missed out on the warranty all together. Do any of you have any experience with this type of situation?
Thanks,

Best Answer

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think you will have an issue.  Warranties are handled through BGE dealers.  Go talk to one and see what they can do for you.  Be honest and kind, and it will be returned to you by the dealer rep.  The broken fire ring can be used for many many years without issue.  A new one is $100 if you have an unfortunate experience of being declined the warranty replacement, but I doubt that will be the case.  Good to get the broken ring out of the way early.  The firebox will go next.  Eventually it wont bother you as time goes on.  Enjoy your new egg, congrats on winning it, and welcome to the group.

Answers

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I don't think you will have an issue.  Warranties are handled through BGE dealers.  Go talk to one and see what they can do for you.  Be honest and kind, and it will be returned to you by the dealer rep.  The broken fire ring can be used for many many years without issue.  A new one is $100 if you have an unfortunate experience of being declined the warranty replacement, but I doubt that will be the case.  Good to get the broken ring out of the way early.  The firebox will go next.  Eventually it wont bother you as time goes on.  Enjoy your new egg, congrats on winning it, and welcome to the group.
    If the first dealer is a "no" go to another.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Register it online, there is an option for "prize/raffle".  Then explain to dealer it is registered.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin