Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plain ole bacon

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Man been wanting to try this forever. 2 hour bacon. Better than cooked in a pan or oven. No smoke in the kitchen and no cleanup. 200° just about for 2 hours indirect. One piece of hickory just for extra flavor. Perfect texture.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    great looking bacon!
    homemade?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Looks mighty fine
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    great looking bacon!
    homemade?
    No, good ole Black Label thick cut. But I should do some homemade sometime. I’ve gotta kit
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Bacon is always good!  Tbh I get the same results from a sheet pan in my oven but it looks fantastic
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Works for me! I also do that, then dice them into small strips, lay those pieces on plates and freeze them so they are not stuck together. (YES that takes time!) But the yield from a simple pound is enough for a couple years of additions to other toppings on pizzas which add a special smokey flavorful kicker to our favorite pizzas that when Winter or other weather is too crappy to egg outdoors so my oven comes to the rescue! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Powak said:
    No smoke in the kitchen and ...
    Um, what's wrong with that?   =)
    I fry two slices of bacon (Oscar Meyer's finest) for breakfast most mornings, and the smell is just a part of my Beautiful Life.  
    But I will try your method too, because, why not?  :triumph:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month