Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain EggFest 2021...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

Kathy & I (along with about 2,000 old & new friends) had a GREAT time today the 10th Georgia Mountain EggFest in Hiawassee...this was the lull before the storm about 10 minutes before the tasters came through the gates...

As usual we started the day with our Sausage/Cheese bread roll (should have gotten a sliced picture too)...

Next was the Ham/Bacon/Swiss/Asiago bread roll...unfortunately had some issues with it sticking to the pan (my error), but was tasty...

Next were some pork tenderloin lollipops using Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub on some & DP Mediterranean-ish on others (did about 70 total of these)...

Next was the roasted root veggies (carrots, sweet potato, fingerling potato, parsnips, beets & garlic)...on the Egg (did four pans of these)...

and in the serving cups...

that was followed by the Tajin Salmon...skinless salmon with a layer of DP Mediterranean-ish rub then a layer of Tajin seasoning (did six pieces of salmon)...

And the finale was the Pineapple/Blueberry upside down cake...

It was a FUN (but exhausting) day getting to talk with experienced & inexperienced EggHeads while serving some very well received dishes.

A BIG thank you goes out to Royal Oak for providing over 1,400 pounds of lump for the day!

Already looking forward to next year!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Looks like a great time and good food. We couldn’t make it this year. Hopefully the schedule will allow it next year. It’s one of my favorites. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Fantastic job!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    It was another wonderful Eggfest, it was so nice to see our Egg friends again.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Buckshot74
    Buckshot74 Posts: 8
    Options
    This was our 1st time going to an eggfest.   Enjoyed it and the afterpart/hotel hang out/tailgating was a hit too! 

One That night.... even got schooled on some old country songs!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Any team Hardcore here?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap