Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -Bose quiet comfort 35 headphones?

Options
I have some of the first generation Sony ones..they work but wouldn't say overly thrilled with them.

Anyone have the bose model? Trying to talk myself both in and put of purchasing..I don't travel via airplanes much anymore..I live by myself so I don't have to drown out anyone or anything..I'm usually outside or in the shop when the girlfriend is working during visits...

I would forseabily use while drowning out the background noise of clinic writing records

Likes orndislikes 

Comments

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    I’ve had the Quiet Comfort 30’s which is the earbud version of these. They were great for comfort, noise cancelling when traveling, sound quality etc. The Bad- they didn’t hold up to gym and outdoor workouts like they were supposed to, which I don’t know is Bose’s fault. I think it was more a matter of the sales person over promising their capabilities. That won’t be a problem for the 35’s and your chosen activities, so I’d say go for it. Bose products are, generally speaking, excellent. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I have the QC35 and love it. SWMBO stole it and is using it as a headset for work (conference calls).  If you are expecting heavy bass, this is not the headset for you but the sound is great IMHO.  At one point, there were reports of poor sound quality after upgrading the firmware so I uninstalled the companion app to make sure the firmware does not get upgraded.  The controls (buttons) on the headset started acting weird at one point after an iPhone iOS upgrade but from what I recall this was not limited to the Bose headset.

Options
    Haven't tried the 35, but I had the QC25s and while they were good, the Sony WH1000XM3s were far superior IMHO. Both better sound quality and better noise canceling.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I had the QC35 and lost them, I replaced with WH1000mx3 and they are great. I agree with @OhioEgger. The QC35 seemed light and cheap in comparison. I think Bose is milking their name on this version. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Thanks guys...I may just save my denero and keep the sony. Lord knows I need to spend on something else
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    They are the only NC headphones to use while flying. I've tried several other brands and types but nothing works as well as the Bose.

I love the bluetooth. It means no wires to get caught on anything. I have them paired with both my kindle and ipad.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I have the Sony WH1000XM3 and they are outstanding. And often available for well below the initial price. I’m not sure why you are limiting your options to either buying new Bose or doing nothing? I suspect the current model Sony (either the 3 or 4 series) is far superior to what you have now. 
    New Orleans LA