Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Keep the bugs off my porch

I’m hoping the fine people of this forum can help me with my completely off topic question. 

I recently moved into a new home with a screened in porch. At the bottom of the porch there is a gap, some of the gaps are filled with a material that almost feels like a scour pad, but others have nothing. Now that the weather is getting warmer, wasps and other bugs are making their way through. Does anyone have any idea what this material is called and where I can buy more to fill the empty gaps?
Large BGE
Huntsville, AL

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    I do not know what that is called, but copper steal type wool will do the same.

Spray with Talstar P and it will also help greatly.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    That's a type of gutter protector. Why it's stuffed in there, I don't know. If it works, I guess.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    I'm definitely good with whatever works at this point.  I'll probably grab some sort of steel wool to get me through the season.  Thanks for the suggestions.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Talstar P and a sprayer. Use once a month in warmer weather and bugs will be gone. I learned about it on a previous thread. Mosquito's as well. Couldn't be happier using it.