Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lemon Butter chicken recipe

I used this for spatchcock chicken for years and have for some time been using it for any chicken we do.

Raised grid direct (about 4 inches above gasket level) at 375 dome temp.= to an internal temp of 160+ for breasts, 180 for thighs

Dry brine the chicken with about 4 teaspoons of coarse salt (for a whole chicken, adjust for less chicken.)

leaving the skin on and place chicken in fridge to dry out the skin . Overnight or 5/6 hours, whatever.

before putting the recipe on the chicken, take a damp towel and wipe off the excess remaining salt.

Sprinkle the recipe over the chicken for 15/45 minutes or whatever before putting it on.

We mix it in a bowl and put it in a shaker.

2 tsp garlic powder or 2 Garlic cloves cut up 
1.5 tsp Lemon peel (seasoning powder dried - not zest) a bit hard to find in our area
6 packets  True lemon granular crystallized powder (now available as true lemon crystalized in a jar, convert as needed)
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Butter seasoning powder 
1 tsp Sea Salt/crushed up

This has been working beautifully for us, hope it helps you.

FWIW, I tried a number of ways - Lemon Juice, concentrated, etc and could never get the flavors until I tried the dried powder. Nice and lemon tasting, just the right amount

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    edited March 2021
    I like true lemon!  sounds like a good recipe and.... pics or it didn’t happen! 😂

I post from a laptop, not my phone so it's a  bit of a hassle to get a pic posted

I did give some basic info such as dome temp, raised grid, etc. which I have noticed is sometimes not in threads.