Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st trip to Costco

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited March 2021 in EggHead Forum
after moving to Basehor, KS, ( KC KS suburb) had to go to Costco to check out their meats!
Found these 3 choice ribeyes . . . yummy!
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Looks good! It took me a while as a new Costco member 4 years back to spring for Prime sold by them, but once over that hurdle I never looked back! PRIME from Costco ROCKS!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I buy whole prime briskets, tenderloins, sirloins there.....rarely the individual cuts with the exception of Chuck roasts and flank steaks.  They blade tenderize everything if you read the label.  Why the feel the need to poke holes in a prime filet mignon is beyond me.  So I trim, cut to 2" thick, and vacuum pack them the way I want.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I buy whole prime briskets, tenderloins, sirloins there.....rarely the individual cuts with the exception of Chuck roasts and flank steaks.  They blade tenderize everything if you read the label.  Why the feel the need to poke holes in a prime filet mignon is beyond me.  So I trim, cut to 2" thick, and vacuum pack them the way I want.
    Same. And I don’t like their flank steaks. I do like their pork. 
    NOLA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice vittles.

Didn't realize you were moving so soon. Hope it all went smoothly.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.