Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeh! I'm moving to KC,KS

Options
well a suburb . . . Basehor . . .but close enough to a Costco and a whole lot of other BBQ joints I'd like to ck out!

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    Congrats! Best of luck with the move!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,914
    Options
    LOL - nearly 60 years ago I could have named several of the taverns in KC, KS just across the state line from KC, MO. Back then they sold that horse p*ss 3.2% beer. As 18 year olds we thought we were "so cool" sitting up at the bar drinking beer!

My favorite recollection was the term of "Drink 'til 12, P*ss 'til 2!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Kansas City is very nice (as long as you stay on the Kansas side). =)

Very cosmopolitan and hip.  And if you want to do donuts in a pickup flying 20 confederate flags while swillin Budweiser and spittin' Copenhagen, just drive in any direction for 15 minutes. B)
    Options
    Kansas City is very nice (as long as you stay on the Kansas side). =)

Very cosmopolitan and hip.  And if you want to do donuts in a pickup flying 20 confederate flags while swillin Budweiser and spittin' Copenhagen, just drive in any direction for 15 minutes. B)
    Just a friendly reminder that your passengers can legally drink in the vehicle in Kansas City Missouri but not in Kansas City Kansas. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Welcome!  MO side is better, except for the potholes... but yeah, we have the Chiefs, Royals, Arthur Bryant's, LC's, Jack Stack, Q39, Char Bar, Patrick Mahomes, and the whole downtown.  But you're gonna love this place!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    been to Jack Stacks, & Q39 , dang good Q!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    There ya go!  Slaps BBQ in  KCK is good as is Harps.  Harps is a pop-up, so you have to follow them to see where they are selling next. And you have to get a Z-Man at Joe's KC !  And a rack at Gates, and some burnt ends at Arthur Bryants, and sausage at Zarda's, and... and... and...

Like they say, you won't be in business long if you only sell "ok" BBQ in KC!  You're gonna like living in KC !
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...