Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a good hot water pressure washer. Anyone know about these?

Options
I have about 10,000 square feet of wall and roof I need to clean.  Looking to keep it under 4K.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Are Kohler engines decent or is it worth getting the Honda? 

Cat pumps good or should I look for the Italian brands?
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @nolaegghead during my NAPA days I sold GEYSER, rebranded to Balkamp/NAPA. Heard nothing but good about them
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    I have never regretted spending extra cash on a Honda engine. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Can't you rent them?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Can't you rent them?
    Yes, you can.  Expensive.
    Options
    I would always opt for a true Honda industrial engine.
  • nolaegghead
    edited February 2021
    Options
    This is my front-runner as of yesterday.  I'm extremely cheap.  Not with regard to buying cheaply made stuff, but in finding good prices.
    I've been scouring the used markets and have some feelers out there.   Not a big hurry.....I do have some roof leaks so I'd like to get the roof cleaned up so I can put some patches on it.   Pretty much what's going to be damaged is already damaged (sheet rock ceiling in the airconditioned shop).
    Options
    Does your bidet just not have enough pressure, NOLA? Be careful, or you could really tear yourself a new one!
    I suppose if I had a Argentinosaurus-sized bidet it could do double duty.  This, of course, is hypothetical.

Everyone knows we killed and ate all the dinosaurs a few thousand years ago.  Or at least just killed 'em.

Options
    Have 2 that run on LP at the bakery. Like anything else, maintain it and they last forever. Common issue is the igniter don’t work if it gets wet. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    This is my front-runner as of yesterday.  I'm extremely cheap.  Not with regard to buying cheaply made stuff, but in finding good prices.
    I've been scouring the used markets and have some feelers out there.   Not a big hurry.....I do have some roof leaks so I'd like to get the roof cleaned up so I can put some patches on it.   Pretty much what's going to be damaged is already damaged (sheet rock ceiling in the airconditioned shop).
    The unit you selected looks really nice. I has the good engine as well as electric start. It also list that it has adjustable pressure, that's a really nice feature.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Just make sure it has a shield over the muffler.  Exactly 15 seconds in on my deck, I flipped the hose and it touched the muffler.  What a mess.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Are you turning your shop into a car wash and detailing operation?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The pressure washer you selected looks awesome. I have a northern tool cold water with a honda and I do absolutely nothing to it with the exception of a occasional oil change. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    @nolaegghead No, no idea at all. 
    I hope that helps? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • jones2289
    Options
    I've read a lot of good things about NorthStar, and would say if you'd prefer to buy new, they'd be the best choice choice I can think of in terms of mixture of price and reliability/quality.  

If you're open to scouring for something used, you might be able to swing a comparable Hotsy in the $4k range...if you want to deal with the waiting and searching.  

Looks like the 1260ss might be comparable to the NorthStar you linked, but I believe is quite a bit more expensive new and probably not worth the extra $ even with the 7 year warranty on the pump.  Then again, if you run across a used one...  

Indianapolis, IN
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    jones2289 said:
    I've read a lot of good things about NorthStar, and would say if you'd prefer to buy new, they'd be the best choice choice I can think of in terms of mixture of price and reliability/quality.  

If you're open to scouring for something used, you might be able to swing a comparable Hotsy in the $4k range...if you want to deal with the waiting and searching.  

Looks like the 1260ss might be comparable to the NorthStar you linked, but I believe is quite a bit more expensive new and probably not worth the extra $ even with the 7 year warranty on the pump.  Then again, if you run across a used one...  

Thanks, good info.

I just called up my local Northern Tools store.  They have one left, the display model.  It's on sale and they're knocking off another 200 bucks.  I may just pick it up tonight.

Options
    Got to the store....complained about missing accessories.   Anyway, walked out with it for $3300.  That's $750 off normal price.  Got home and found the accessory bag in the battery box.
    Nice score.  Trying to remember, but I don’t think you want to run cold water through the coil after shutting off the burner as it leads to faster scale up in the coil.  Other than that, they are awesome, especially for degreasing and cleaning hydraulic leaks on equipment.
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Very helpful that it comes with wheels!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Legume said:
    Are you turning your shop into a car wash and detailing operation?

https://youtu.be/mix30CtipD4

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    We have one of these at my office that we use daily and it gets neglected and over used.  It works great.  Has taken a beating through the years and always stands at the ready.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Bought a battery, read the manual and fired it up.  It's a beast.  Boiling hot water on demand.  The quiet roar of an oil furnace.  Diesel in the air.

Takes some energy to hold the wand.  Steam in the air pronounced because of the cool weather.
    Options
    Quickly blasted this filthy stone.  Too lazy to grab the right tip... Late, couldn't play long.
    Options
    Quickly blasted this filthy stone.  Too lazy to grab the right tip... Late, couldn't play long.
    Looks like you made it worse. 
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Looks like you made it worse. 
    It's wet.  It will look like new once dry.

Your whole shop looks like it could get tied to a coat hanger and soaked in a tub of parts cleaner, and you pick a self cleaning stone to wash?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
     Your whole shop looks like it could get tied to a coat hanger and soaked in a tub of parts cleaner, and you pick a self cleaning stone to wash?
    I have the pressure washer at my house right now, it will eventually be at the shop.  (my shop at my house is sheet-rocked and insulated so no pressure washing inside)

Options
    Steam