Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dealer recommendation Woodstock/Canton, GA area?

Options
I’ve been in the area for only a few months and looks like I’m going to need file a warranty claim. Anyone have a good BGE dealer they would recommend in the Woodstock/Canton area?
Canton, GA
LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone

Answers

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This is my dealer and they have been great with Warranty claims.
    Big Green Egg | North Metro Pool

I handled the entire thing by email. Just got a base replace in December and it took about 3 weeks for them to get it in. 

Stop by the Texaco (S&J Kitchen) a few doors down and get a biscuit.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options

I handled the entire thing by email. Just got a base replace in December and it took about 3 weeks for them to get it in. 

Thank you. I will check them out. 
    Canton, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @RRog17 might try Playing with Fire BBQ Emporium in Suwanee......that said, it would be a bit of a drive for you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    I’ve been in the area for only a few months and looks like I’m going to need file a warranty claim. Anyone have a good BGE dealer they would recommend in the Woodstock/Canton area?
    A drive to the mothership?

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    I was going to say that but someone was looking for a replacement recently and went there and said they had to knock on a door like around back to get someone to answer. I would call first before making that drive.
  • RRog17
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    went by the mothership a couple of weeks ago and it was closed. Due to Covid I assume. 
    Canton, GA
  • RRog17
    Options
    @RRog17 might try Playing with Fire BBQ Emporium in Suwanee......that said, it would be a bit of a drive for you.
    I’m not opposed to driving a bit for a good dealer. Just figured I’d start with the more local dealers first. 
    Canton, GA
  • Lit
    Options
    Isnt that Big Green Craigs new store?
  • Lit
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    I’m not opposed to driving a bit for a good dealer. Just figured I’d start with the more local dealers first. 
    I think alot of dealers are struggling to keep spare parts in stock. You might want to call ahead before you venture out. I know the workbench Ace in roswell used to keep a decent stock but like I said there have been posts on this forum about BGE being out of spare parts.
  • RRog17
    Options
    Lit said:
    RRog17 said:
    I think alot of dealers are struggling to keep spare parts in stock. You might want to call ahead before you venture out. I know the workbench Ace in roswell used to keep a decent stock but like I said there have been posts on this forum about BGE being out of spare parts.
    Thanks. I’ll call around first. I’m in no hurry. Just have a crack on the outside of my base but it doesn’t go all the way through so I’m still using it with no problems.  
    Canton, GA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Lit said:
    Yes it is. 

• Lit
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    Lit said:
    RRog17 said:
    Thanks. I’ll call around first. I’m in no hurry. Just have a crack on the outside of my base but it doesn’t go all the way through so I’m still using it with no problems.  
    Dealers wont have a base in stock. Probably have to send pics and wait a couple weeks for it to come in.
  • RRog17
    Options

Thank you! I emailed them all my info and they filed the claim for me. Today they called and said my base was in. Less than two weeks total. 
    Canton, GA
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Yes it is. 
    Nice. I want to go check it out. Looks like he has some nice stuff in there.