Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank steak tacos...

Options
Morning All:

Kathy found an interesting recipe for a marinade for flank steak so that was last night's dinner...the marinade included EVOO, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, minced garlic, chili powder & salt HOWEVER didn't use the chili powder & instead used Dizzy Pig Fajita-ish & Tajin powder...mixed everything together & let the flank steak get happy for about 4 hours before onto the Egg...

Pulled it when I liked the color & IT was about 125...sliced & ready to eat...

Used soft tortilla's & here is my first one...also had some jalapeno relish that my cousin had sent to us last week (nice addition)...

Definitely a do again meal!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks great...Sounds  like killer marinade 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Sounds like a mojo.  Love mojo.
    NOLA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Flank steak... jalapeño relish.... oh man that sounds awesome!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • mkevenson
    mkevenson Posts: 49
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Flank steak is my favorite for tacos and burritos, heck , enchiladas ! Skirt  steak is a second best choice. I marinate in evoo and a good white wine vinegar with appropriate dry spices or without. After a partial grill at high heat I cut against the grain and simmer
    In a home made sauce. Many times I grill on the stove top with a cast iron grill pan and after cutting the meat, put back in the pan with enough liquid to form a broth. Always adding Pico Pica hot sauce. MMM MMM good.
    Thanks  for posting!

Mark
    Still Learnin'