Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pan pizza

Options
I think this could translate to a bge pretty easy.and the thing he does with the lemon, parsley and garlic looks interesting. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TjUWnAK0cg

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    thats very interesting ... I would not mind trying that.
  • JScrims
    JScrims Posts: 13
    Options
    I’ve wanted to try it but regular pizzas are just so good.  I feel like you could definitely try a Chicago deep dish but again, I’m hesitant.  

How did this one turn out?  Looks awesome.  What kind of pan did you use?  
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    JScrims said:
    I’ve wanted to try it but regular pizzas are just so good.  I feel like you could definitely try a Chicago deep dish but again, I’m hesitant.  

How did this one turn out?  Looks awesome.  What kind of pan did you use?  
    Not sure what a "regular" pizza is to you, but pan pizzas are great. As are Chicago deep dish, NY style, Grandma pies, Detroit style - all good!

Try something different. Pizza is like sex. There's good sex and there's not so good sex, but hey, it's still pizza! Try a new style or you'll never know what you're missing.

I use cast iron for pan pizza...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Carolina Q that looks legit.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited January 2021
    Options

Try something different. Pizza is like sex.

There's good sex and there's not so good sex, but hey, it's still pizza! Try a new style or you'll never know what you're missing.

I use cast iron 
    You are doing something wrong 😂

love this forum

Carolina Q that looks fantastic! Btw, I think the quote is, “Pizza is like sex; even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.”
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • paqman
    Options
    Carolina Q that looks fantastic! Btw, I think the quote is, “Pizza is like sex; even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.”
    that’s better 😂

Options
    @Carolina Q thanks I'll check those out. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    There is another absolute truth that is often said about pizza; "Even gas station pizza is kinda good"

I guess the same could be said for sex....I guess.

If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • paqman
    Options
    bobroo said:
    There is another absolute truth that is often said about pizza; "Even gas station pizza is kinda good"

I guess the same could be said for sex....I guess.

🤣