Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Bone Prime Rib Roast

Options
1voyager
1voyager Posts: 1,157
edited December 2020 in Beef
This prime beast from Costco weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces before trimming. Here it is after trimming:

I coated it with coarse Kosher salt, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated for 48 hours. 

Unwrapped 4 hours before cooking, applied more salt and returned to refrigerator, uncovered. *** Those trying to limit sodium intake may want to skip this step. The result may seem over-salted, but it was perfect, IMHO.*** I also did a small French trim on the bones.

Added generous amount of coarse black pepper, a whisper of granulated garlic, then used twine to secure fresh rosemary sprigs. 

325 degrees dome temperature, raised indirect. It took about 2 hours to reach 125 degrees internal. Covered and rested for 10 minutes.

Time to chow down!

Afterthoughts:

The cap came out medium so next time I'll go with 300 degrees dome temperature. 

I usually go with a boneless cut. Bone-in is the way I'll go from now on. 

One other note: It took about 30 minuets longer than a similar weight boneless.
Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.

Comments