Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monkfish 360 raised grid direct

Options

Monkfish 360 raised grid direct

The two pieces we had already had the skin removed, Lidl had it featured so my wife wanted to try it.

Covered with EVOO and tsunami spin on mine.

Nailing 360 and cooked Raised grid (4 inches above gasket level) direct.

Turned at six minutes and again at 14

To 140 internal

This was very good, excellent for a quick, easy meal. Best fish I ever had? Not by a long shot. Very good for a change when you get tired of mahi, swordfish, tuna, salmon, etc.? Yep

It's a different texture than most fish and "poor man's lobster tail" sums it up nicely. I do like lobster tail but am not wild about it, and may like this more.

Taking tips from other posts on the forum we dipped our fish in a small amount of melted butter. That did the trick.
I didn't eat much more after the melted butter ran out. Told my wife I wanted double butter next time hopefully with some garlic.

There seems to be a ton of recipes on BGEforum but few instances of how to do on the egg citing temps. Which is why I made this post.

My wife asked if I wanted her to buy more. Yes, please enough for another dinner.

No pics, not worthy of pics, the only thing worthy of note is that the two pieces swelled/puffed up so much it was surprising.

Superb meal? Nope. Damn good change now and then? Yep.

I like doing entrees on the Kamado Joe, and usually cook on the Kamado three or four nights a week.

All brands are Kamado ovens, and I always check here for recipes. It doesn't matter what color the kamado oven is

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I've heard it called the Lobster of the Hudson.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95