Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Chicken

Options
A recent thread on jerk seasoning/chicken got me in the mood to cook some.

I had a little time on my hands so I decided to prep up my favorite jerk marinade. It's a little different from the paste you can buy, well worth giving it a go. 

Put thighs, drums and a couple breasts on the large raised direct at 350-375° for forty minutes (best only in for 20). Didn't have much to sserve with it so I whipped up seasoned black beans and carrots over brown rice.

Here is the marinade recipe, hour you enjoy.

6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
4 scallions, coarsely chopped
4 Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, stemmed, seeded, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons allspice berries
1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

Purée 4 tablespoons oil and the next 10 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer 1/4 cup marinade to a small bowl and make sauce: Whisk in vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season to taste with salt. Refrigerate sauce. Put meat in a glass, stainless-steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining marinade. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.

Remove meat from marinade, pat dry, and grill.

Spoon reserved sauce over grilled meat.

Comments