Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Freight Shipping

Options
Due to COVID and son’s asthma he is remote learning.   I need to ship his stuff from school. It’s packed on a pallet.   Any suggestions on best way to do this.  From Minnesota to NJ.   Can’t drive and get it as would need to quarantine for 2 weeks.    
2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    USExpress 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    If it's going from a campus to residential, look at uship.com.  It would be expensive for freight carriers because they charge limited access for schools, and then residential+liftgate on the other end.  

If you can get a local feed store, tire shop, etc with a dock or forklift to receive that pallet for you, will save you some $$$.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That ^^^

LTL is the cheapest but for the residential and lift gate, maybe not.
    Options
    Another reason to support Rockwood!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    If it's going from a campus to residential, look at uship.com.  It would be expensive for freight carriers because they charge limited access for schools, and then residential+liftgate on the other end.  

If you can get a local feed store, tire shop, etc with a dock or forklift to receive that pallet for you, will save you some $$$.
    another option would to be pick it up at the truck terminal if he cant find a local business with dock to help. I give customers quotes with that as an option to avoid that residential and lift gate fee.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

another option would to be pick it up at the truck terminal if he cant find a local business with dock to help. I give customers quotes with that as an option to avoid that residential and lift gate fee.
    Lot of the carriers we use charge extra for that.  I know, it makes no sense, but they do.