Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wild turkey meatballs

Options
Using up our wild game in preparation for more to fill the freezer.  2lbs ground wild turkey, all purpose seasoning, an egg, parm cheese and some oregano.  Indirect at 425 with a chunk or Apple until 165 IT.  

Mankato, MN - LBGE

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Sounds like they will be pretty amazing. Great job!
    Las Vegas, NV

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I’ve always said ground Turkey is a sin...

never once thought of grinding wild Turkey. Always done whole bird or breasts and quarters. I gotta try this. Thanks for the idea. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2020
    Options
    For Wild Turkey, the only kind I like is in the bottle, preferably 101 proof.
    With that being said, is the ground wild turkey burger's very gamey in taste?
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    GregW said:
    For Wild Turkey, the only kind I like is in the bottle, preferably 101 proof.
    With that being said, is the ground wild turkey burger's very gamey in taste?
    Not gamey at all, with the wild turkey I just watch the IT close and pull them as soon as they get to 165, I have noticed that wild turkey will dry out faster than store bought turkey.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE