Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weber Summit

Options
Has anyone used a Weber Summit?  I am curious to how it compares to the Eggs.
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I think there was one person here that has one but if I remember correctly they quit the forum and asked the Buffalo to delete their account.

From what I've read on other forums (fora?) those that have them really like them. BabyBackManiac really likes his.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    From what I heard, one advantage over ceramics is ease of changing temp up and down, likewise with BK Keg.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I know @Hans61 has posted here about it.  Hopefully he has not gone submerged and undetected for the duration.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I’ve used one a few times at our local dealer for tailgate parties.  I did a pork butt and brisket...they came out just like on the egg.   I was able to hold temps for 14hrs without issue.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    I nearly purchased one because I’ve enjoyed my natural gas Summit.  It is nice and has a decent table, but I really didn’t want the propane starter and am amazed that a $2200 grill came with honking plastic wheels like my old Weber Kettle.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2020
    Options
    My buddy ended up with one instead of buying an egg. He loves his. The ash clean out is way way easier and no issues with holding temps. Downside is the price but really no different than an XL Egg

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.