Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

From the upstairs freezer...Duroc Pork

Among the unidentified blocks of meat my wife pulled from the depths of our freezer Sunday was the last hunk of a Duroc bone-in loin roast I had purchase for last New Year.  I suggested she move it up to the meat drawer to thaw, for consumption this week.  I cut the small roast into 2 generous chops.  Salt and pepper and into the SV. 135 for 3 hours.  I had a Zoom meeting last evening, so fired up the egg about 30 minutes before the meeting.  Meetting lasted an hour.  Egg was locked in at 400. Dropped the chops on at standard level.  Lots of flipping, and getting all surfaces seared - a total of 10-12 minutes - about 50-50 dome open-closed.  Just for fun dropped in a few medallions if pork tenderloin, also SV-ed, but with a generous slathering of Walkerswood.

Well, I didn't screw it up.  Wife said best pork ever.  I have to say, it was darn good.  Served with Goya Mexi-rice and Roman beans (wife failed in her supervisory duties while I was in my meeting - the beans turned into re-fries).

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments