Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone Cooking With Demi Glace?

Options
New to me, now I want to make my own vegetable based version...  My wife is on WW.  I used Better Than Bouillon Vegetable for a substitute this week, added a bit of water and corn starch... 
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• AprèsSki
    Options
    Yes, the secret ingredient to pan sauces. Not sure how I would use it on smoked meats, possibly to punch up some sauce for beef. The amount of work to make it reserves it for special uses only. I only make it as a winter project when I have lots of time and then freeze it for use as needed.

I think you would be better served by gelatin than corn starch when trying to go all veggie unless your wife is vegan. 

Bourdain's recipe in Les Halles Cookbook is a good place to start and even he takes short cuts. 
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    @AprèsSki   Thank you! Maybe it should have been O.T.  Not vegan, just calorie counting.  Will be used with sautéed veggies.   Will try gelatin next time.   I found this recipe:

https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/7811-vegetable-demi-glace
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.