Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Ooni Koda 16

Options
No more bge pizza for us! I've been wanting a pizza oven for a long time .Couldn't make up my mind what one to get .Then the Koda 16 was announced in march. They're on a constant 3 month backorder .I finally found them in stock on Milk Street. Mine should be here in a few days.
https://store.177milkstreet.com/products/ooni-koda-16-gas-powered-outdoor-pizza-oven?_pos=2&_sid=d4f6c2d9e&_ss=r

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ohh yeah, follow up review is expected 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @alaskanassasin I can do that.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Nice! I haven't yet read of anyone that wasn't pleased with theirs.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• texaswig
    Options
    @HeavyG me nether.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The nice thing about the 16”...you have the room to easily rotate things as well as sliding in a cast iron pan.
    Great way to sear off your Sous Vide cook.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SaltySam
    Options
    I got the Ooni 3 for Christmas last year, it’s fantastic. Parties are the best.  We make 10-15 different dough balls.  Each guest rotates through.  My wife helps stretch out dough and provides toppings, and I cook the pizzas while swapping between our two different pizza peels.  We can chat with each guest, and food is served rapidly.  

I should say “party” was the best.  The one we had was pre-social distancing, and we haven’t had another one since.  But, we will!  It was a blast that first time.  

I look forward to your review! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• texaswig
    Options
    @SaltySam sounds perfect for parties. My 8 year old son wants pizza on the menu at least once a week. The oven should pay for its self pretty fast. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx