Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck Egg?

Options
Greetings friends,

I am in Duck, NC. Glorious outer banks beach community. Ocean front. Perfect weather. 

With my medium BGE. 

Yup. Who says you can’t take it with you? The Medium is light enough for me to carry by myself and unload, while still being large enough to cook up a meal for nine of us. With leftovers. :p

And if you’ve seen any of my posts, when as Far East as you Can get in NC... it’s eastern NC pulled pork. 

Flameboss 500 can’t grab the WiFi here. Weak signal. So it was in direct mode. Butt cooked quickly at 225° with just Rockwood lump and Rockwood hickory chunks. 

Enough talk. If someone can tell me how to post a video, I’ll show you us driving through corolla. No roads!!! So badass....

ok! Enjoy your labor days!

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Fantastic Damien!! Enjoy.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    That's an old school egg you have there.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Greetings friends,

I am in Duck, NC. Glorious outer banks beach community. Ocean front. Perfect weather. 

With my medium BGE. 

Yup. Who says you can’t take it with you? The Medium is light enough for me to carry by myself and unload, while still being large enough to cook up a meal for nine of us. With leftovers. :p

And if you’ve seen any of my posts, when as Far East as you Can get in NC... it’s eastern NC pulled pork. 

Flameboss 500 can’t grab the WiFi here. Weak signal. So it was in direct mode. Butt cooked quickly at 225° with just Rockwood lump and Rockwood hickory chunks. 

Enough talk. If someone can tell me how to post a video, I’ll show you us driving through corolla. No roads!!! So badass....

ok! Enjoy your labor days!

8-Damien

Great pics! Awesome place sir. Spent a lot of time there over the years. Driving on the beach in Corolla is a blast.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like you are living your best life.  Enjoy.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Always room for leftovers.. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Damien keep the pics coming 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Look great- we’ve spent a ton of time in Duck over the years and agree it’s a special place.  

We are down the coast from you on BHI. 

Enjoy your weekend. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Look great- we’ve spent a ton of time in Duck over the years and agree it’s a special place.  

We are down the coast from you on BHI. 

Enjoy your weekend. 
    Hey thanks for the invite I’m OMW!!

great weather. Love that place!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Wow! That hanging bale style handle on your medium tells me it’s an old guy! I take it that you don’t use it much. Glad that you are now.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    That's an old school egg you have there.
    RRP said:
    Wow! That hanging bale style handle on your medium tells me it’s an old guy! I take it that you don’t use it much. Glad that you are now.
    Good eyes! I drove hours and hours to get this BGE at an estate sale a few years ago. It had, basically, never been used. Came with the nest and a cover - $200. I tried to haggle, but she wouldn’t budge. :)

the PS came soon after. 

Interesting note: the fire grate is CERAMIC. I’ve gotta switch that out, someday. 

And, honestly, my larges bear the brunt of The workload. I only use this Egg... medium...

8-D

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Good looking times. Duck is my favorite place!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle