Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Size - Your Go To Egg

Options
2»

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I didn’t read all the prior comments but I will add my 2 cents.

I have a large, small, & mini. If all were to get stolen or damaged I would replace the small first and then the large. I would not replace the mini. I know a lot of folks love/swear by the mini but mine is rarely used. I do still use it but not often enough to buy another if it were gone. My small is by far the most used and I take it RV’ing over the mini due to size/capacity. My large was my first and I’d replace it in a minute but I use the small the most.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    We (just 2 of us) have a LBGE which gets all the love!!  Also have a Weber Performer for the smaller quicker cooks.
    Miss my Performer, which was crushed by a giant tree limb.  Still, I don’t think I’d use It for many cooks now.   
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I have owned a Large, Medium, and Mini Max. 

Best performer: Medium
    Best for the average consumer: Large, as it can accommodate all manner of pots and pans, is not unwieldy and has the most aftermarket accessories available for it. 

While I have never tried one, I have a feeling that were I to give the Mini a spin, I would find it to be the most fun (fast heat up times, challenge of a small grilling surface, minimal lump consumption, etc.).
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Since I got an XL I barely use the medium.  I still run out of real estate, but couldn't imagine going bigger. I believe if I had a L I would be looking for more room.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My XL is my go to. Like Ron and others said above temp control on the XL for me is much easier. My large is way more economical on lump though for sure.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.