Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ot: wagyu Denver steak

Options
cdnewman
cdnewman Posts: 88
So with state wide fire ban, I cooked this on a gas grill at our mountain cabin. 14 oz 100% purebred akaushi “Denver” steak from outside north platte, nb. Marinade for 6 hours with Costco Tuscan olive oil, cilantro, garlic, carne asada seasoning and lime juice. Total of 6 minutes (flipping every minute) on gasser always full power. Rested for 5 minutes then cut against grain. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    Nailed it.  However you get there is what counts.  Great cook.  
    Stay safe in the current weather environment and healthy as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    That's not OT at all!  Great cook.

Our fire ban includes gas grills, fire pits like my gas model with stone 10' in any direction, and even smoking.  Not quite sure how they can/will enforce it.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Good eats is good eats no matter the heat source.  Great outcome right there.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.