Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prep the jalapenos

Options
My turn to provide afternoon cocktail hour snacks tomorrow. 1st round will be jalapenos stuffed with a mixture of grilled chicken, white cheddar and cream cheese season with dizzy dust pineapple head, soy sauce and Tabasco. Finished by wrapping in bacon, grilled and glazed.
Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments

• danlbrown
    Options
    Look great! My prep never looks that tidy
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Should go great with some drinks!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Margaritas are the drink of choice tomorrow. I thought starting of with some heat woul be good. Round 2 will be chicken kabobs and tortillas. 

danlbrown, I once had an chef who was very sure there was no mess in Mise en place.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    +1 on returning the tops to the jalapenos before wrapping.  Nice work on these.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • onpoint456
    onpoint456 Posts: 204
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Margaritas are the drink of choice tomorrow. I thought starting of with some heat woul be good. Round 2 will be chicken kabobs and tortillas. 

danlbrown, I once had an chef who was very sure there was no mess in Mise en place.
    Use the jalapeno tops to infuse the tequila. Soak 1-24 hours depending on heat preference. Makes a fantastic jalapeno margarita.
  • MasterC
    Options
    MasterC said:

Use the jalapeno tops to infuse the tequila. Soak 1-24 hours depending on heat preference. Makes a fantastic jalapeno margarita.
    Great tip thanks 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Nice work on those! Sounds like a good time is all but guaranteed.
    Stillwater, MN
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks onpoint456!
    " Use the jalapeno tops to infuse the tequila. Soak 1-24 hours depending on heat preference. Makes a fantastic jalapeno margarita."

totally new concept! B)

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • MasterC
    Options
    The jalapenos went well and fast
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    MasterC said:
    The jalapenos went well and fast
    Looks good. I'm usually good for 6 of these.