Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE For Sale Washington DC

Options
All, 

I have a Large BGE for sale. Selling due to a move. (wow they want a lot to move these) I am selling all of my accessories with the grill as well. Grill will com with a Woo, two half pizza stones, a full pizza stone, ash pan, ash tool, grate grip, cover, electric starter (cheap one), and some replacement springs. 

Pick up only. I am not moving it due to how fragile these can be. If I felt comfortable moving I would take with me. I would like to get $625 for it, but am willing to take reasonable offers. 

Washington, DC  

1- LBGE

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the area but already have two myself. Let us know if it sells! Be curious what to do if/when we move (it's being considered).
    When I bought my 2nd used egg from a local guy, he paid his local egg dealer to move it over here for him.  It was great.  They did a fantastic job getting everything over here (it included a table).
    LBGE/Maryland
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Fair price.  Good luck with your move, and enjoy your new egg when you get there.  ;)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Newer style with newer bands and Woo.
    Very fair IMO.
    Safe travels and move.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • danlbrown
    danlbrown Posts: 84
    Options
    When I moved from TX to TN 7 years ago, my local supplier gave me the packaging that he receives eggs in from the manufacturer. I packed it as factory shipped and the movers got it it TN, no problem. An option if it doesn’t sell and you decide to try moving. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Do you have room in your vehicle? It seems like I'm traveling with my large 3-4 times a year. I used to be super cautious about wrapping each part individually in towels and placing them back in the egg to travel with. Now I only drape a couple towels over the base opening and flip the dome upside down into the base to save on the overall height when needing to get it in a smaller area of a vehicle. I've never had any issues with anything cracking. My biggest fear is getting it in/out and not dropping anything. The road and traveling not so much. 

If you have the room take it with. It's really not all that terrible if you only have to do it every once in awhile. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    Options
    Good to Know WeberWho. It gives me a pretty good reason to upgrade to an XL. 
    Washington, DC  

1- LBGE
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    rowmsu said:
    Good to Know WeberWho. It gives me a pretty good reason to upgrade to an XL. 
    Nothing much to add, but you spelled the upgrade size wrong.  Its actually 2XL.  You're welcome.
  • rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    Options
    sold thanks everyone 
    Washington, DC  

1- LBGE