Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Sandwich.... How do YOU make them?

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
edited July 2020 in EggHead Forum
I'm on a mission. For the ultimate steak sandwich. Currently my best contender is from reverse searing a steak and then refrigerate the leftovers. Sautee onions and peppers, and combine with the cold chopped up leftover steak. Cover with provolone cheese and microwave (hides in the corner) till cheese melts. Then serve on a bun toasted on "bagel setting" which only toasts the inside of the bun. Add some garlic mayo or reg mayo and wow.  

But this is not real, and not what I want when I go out. I need recommendations. From Phillys to Not Phillys. What you got?!?!
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Looking forward to hear what others say. My steak sandwiches never live up to what I want out of them. Recipes are easy, but the end result is not as good as what can be bought. There is a lot going on for a 'simple' cheese steak.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    When I hear steak sandwich, my mind goes back many years. To a time in my area when we had a place called the Irish Deli. They had a Ribeye steak sandwich on the menu that was a grilled Ribeye steak on a large bun. The steak was 1/5 to 5/8 inch thick, expertly seasoned and grilled to perfection. Being down South, steaks sandwiches until recently were not the Philly kind.