Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless thermometer?

Options
Teefus
Teefus Posts: 1,208
Recommend me a decent (accurate and reliable) wireless thermometer. I’d like two or three channels so I can monitor grate temp and one or two meat temps. Phone interface a plus. What say the Egghead Illuminati?
Michiana, South of the border.

Comments

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    MEATER Seems to work well. Perfect for the rotisserie. 
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I have the Weber iGrill 2, and it works really well. Blutooth strength could be a little better.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 371
    Options
    Mine is the Smoke. It works well enough but the device needs both probes plugged in to work - otherwise it works but beeps incessantly. In the far corner of my small home, the remote tends to lose signal, with the BGE on the patio.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • JethroBodeen
    JethroBodeen Posts: 524
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have the Thermoworks Smoke as well. Works great for me. I use it part of the year in an area with no cell service or internet so, I didnt need the fancier models. Very simple to use and operate.
  • fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    Corv said:
    Mine is the Smoke. It works well enough but the device needs both probes plugged in to work - otherwise it works but beeps incessantly. In the far corner of my small home, the remote tends to lose signal, with the BGE on the patio.
    You should be able to turn off the alarm for probes that aren't being used.  I remember doing it.  
    War Damn Eagle!
  • DocObbins
    DocObbins Posts: 28
    Options
    I have just ordered a meater. Will have feedback soon.
  • craigsotheregg
    Options
    I have had the Thermoworks Signals for a year. No issues works well. 
    XL BGE
    Malden, MA
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I use the Thermoworks Smoke. The remote works great in the home. I use it mostly for stuff in the oven but it works great for the grill as well. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    I have the Meater+ and really like it. No wires. However, the issues I've run into are:
    1. You MUST push it in about 3 inches past a certain line on the probe. This is because the internal electronics can't handle >212 degrees. It makes probe placement difficult, sometimes.
    2. Make sure to clean the non-pointy end really good after each cook, especially a long and smoky one. If you don't, it won't charge when put it back in its cradle and won't connect to the base station. So, you'll then have to clean it and recharge before it's useful.
    3. Because it's housing electronics, it's a bit thicker than other thermometers. Makes it difficult to insert in some meats.
    Hope that helps!
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE