Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TV show CHOPPED tonight...

Options
HeavyG
HeavyG Posts: 10,366
Even tho I haven't actually watched Chopped in many months my DVR is still set to record new episodes just in case one might sound particularly interesting to me.
I noticed that tonights episode is titled "Beasts and Bourbon" and each round involves wild game and a different bourbon. I'm not a wild game or bourbon person but thought some of you folks might find it interesting. Enjoy!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Not a regular watcher but this combo may be good to watch. Get some ideas.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    Many thanks as my skill-set enables me to easily avoid these shows.  For those with DirecTV- channel 231 at 9 PM (EDT) tonight.  I may even learn how to sacrifice some bourbon that needs to meet fire!  Much appreciated.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,327
    Options
    Watching it now. Wild boar tartar?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    It was entertaining and the creativity and energy are well beyond my skill set.  Worth the time invested although I did not learn any wow factor way to cook with some of my one-off bourbons buys.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    How many bourbons did you "sacrifice" while watching, @lousubcap?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    Drink enough bourbon and all food tastes good.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin