Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plumbing Help

Options
I have two dishwashers in my kitchen on different sides of the kitchen and island. Both are failing to fill with any water. I’ve checked the fuses they both work. I’ve checked the water pressure in the house and it all appears normal. Know this is the place for top notch info. Thoughts?

Answers

• Jonnysouth
    Jonnysouth Posts: 162
    Options
    Where does your water line feed from that connects to the dishwashers? Are you able to take a couple of pics and post them? 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Are there shutoffs under your sink? I had two dishwashers installed in my last house.  The supply lines came from under my sink.  There were shutoffs under there. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Are there shutoffs under your sink? I had two dishwashers installed in my last house.  The supply lines came from under my sink.  There were shutoffs under there. 
    Story time. 
    Our DW is just to the right of the sink.  I knew the shutoff was there.  Never had a problem.  Then one day a small leak.  Needed the shutoff replaced. I do not solder pipes so I called my electrician/plumber/HVAC neighbor and have it replaced.  Great guy. 
    One day the DW shut down - code thrown:  no water. Tell wife to check new shutoff. Blames me for it being off. Argument ensues.   A week or two later same thing. This goes on randomly for several weeks and my wife thinks I am messing with her. Sometimes it would happen in the middle of the run or sometimes it would not even start. 
    Here, the weight on the hose of the detachable faucet was hitting the new 90degree shutoff when being replaced. It was never a problem before, because the old one was an old style twist shutoff.

Did she have to apologize...  that was years ago. 

To this day if she starts blaming me for something I know I did not do or I know she has no way of proving, all I have to say is “I think we have a shutoff situation here.” And she usually drops it. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,527
    Options
    Is this a new install (both sides) or these have been working and now suddenly stopped?

If old install, could the online screen where the water hose comes in totally calcified over? Could have happened at the same time on both.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
    Plumbers came out today and said that water was getting to both of the dishwashers so it remains a mystery. I’m not sure what the odds are that the control boards would  quit on both dishwashers on the same day at the same time  Bosch will be coming over in 30 days due to Covid 
  • JohnnyArms
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I literally took both dishwashers apart and cleaned out the water inlet valves. Amazingly they work. You tube is an incredible thing. Thanks for the suggestions. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Glad you got it figured out. One thing to watch now is the inlet pump going out.  If you Bosch works anything my my Electrolux that is next.  I had to get on a screen cleaning regime because very long running with a partially clogged screen would burn the the inlet pump up.  For some reason the sediment was crazy here for a while. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    I literally took both dishwashers apart and cleaned out the water inlet valves. Amazingly they work. You tube is an incredible thing. Thanks for the suggestions. 
    That's what I figured when I said they could have calcified over at the same time.
  • JohnnyArms
    Options
    @Mark_B_Good sorry I didn’t give you the shout out
  • Mark_B_Good
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Still all good?
  • JohnnyArms
    Options
    So far. But it’s a lake house and I don’t get up there that much. It doesn’t get used every day. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Ah, and that may also be the reason why it calcifies over. Moving water will erode deposits away, but if it's left to sit ... it can block up much quicker.