Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood shortage?

Options
Is anyone's Ace Hardware still getting Rockwood shipments? None of my local Ace have gotten any in since the beginning of June.  Meadowcreek Bbq sold out as well.  
York County, PA
Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
Mini Max 2018

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    Did you try to order online for in store pick up?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    Yes and it comes up as unavailable online?
    York County, PA
    Mini Max 2018
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I was told maybe July 9th.  None in stock.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • TexasisBestest
    Options
    It's still available locally in Dallas area. 
    Dallas Texas.
    2 x XLBGE 1 x LBGE.
    Tech:  EggGenius and Thermoworks Smoke w Gateway
    Lump: Rockwood/Fogo
    Wood: Cherry, Apple, PostOak, Pecan
    Meat: Costco, Deep Cuts
    Rubs: Meat Church, HardcoreCarnivore, John Henry's
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I don't understand all I know as this is what I just found on the Rockwood website:
    https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/products/3-bags-20  All good to me.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I don't understand all I know as this is what I just found on the Rockwood website:
    https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/products/3-bags-20  All good to me.  FWIW-
    Appreciate the heads up..  Nice to see that it comes in a box.  Shipping carriers can be brutal around here and I'd prefer local pickup.  If not locally available soon, this will be the route to go. Thanks again..
    York County, PA
    Mini Max 2018
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I'm in South East Wisconsin. All my Ace's are wiped out of Rockwood and have been for like a month. Stlcharcoal told me they essentially bought up his inventory a month ago. There will be more at Ace soon....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You can order direct

https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/ 

More $$ than ordering from my Ace but its an option
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    I'm in South East Wisconsin. All my Ace's are wiped out of Rockwood and have been for like a month. Stlcharcoal told me they essentially bought up his inventory a month ago. There will be more at Ace soon....
    Thanks.. Hopefully my order is fullfilled at my Ace.
    Matt86m said:
    You can order direct

https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/ 

More $$ than ordering from my Ace but its an option

When i get down to the last bag, the 3 pack @lousucap linked will be my goto.
    York County, PA
    Mini Max 2018
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ace website said one bag in stock. I went there were non. I tried to order online for in store pick up and it would not allow it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    where u at @stlcharcoal ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wicked good is not available either.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ordered direct from Rockwood... 3 bags for the price of 4 but I have no idea when ace will have it back
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Ordered direct from Rockwood... 3 bags for the price of 4 but I have no idea when ace will have it back
    That’s a hard deal to say yes to 😂
    New Orleans LA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    On an Island lighting his cigar with a $100 bill😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    That’s a hard deal to say yes to 😂
    I agree but last time I was at ace I bought the last bag of RW and a bag of KJ. That night I fired up the kJ charcoal,  it took for ever to get going, then the temp spiked, and my wife said I smelled like gas. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Ace in Colorado Springs ran out of Rockwood three weeks ago. They "think" that they might get a shipment next week.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    On an Island lighting his cigar with a $100 bill😉
    Out chopping wood? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    His last login was October 21, 2015
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Say it ain't so @WeberWho.  His last log-in shows active earlier today.  BTW he enthusiastically participated in a virtual Friday night watering hole session some weeks back.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited July 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Say it ain't so @WeberWho.  His last log-in shows active earlier today.  BTW he enthusiastically participated in a virtual Friday night watering hole session some weeks back.  
    I'm sorry, that was my lame nod/joke about the movie Back To The Future. It was a stretch for anyone to get or understand.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    @WeberWho - well played, I need to turn in my 80's card for not catching that one.
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    ...Demand has just skyrocketed because everyone is stuck at home ..... YEARS to scale up to meet this demand.....
    What!!  No more charcoal for years.  Say it ain't so!!  (Practicing for my FB news editor job).
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    WeberWho said:

After seeing these pallets of lump stacked 3 high, one on top of the other, are we still allowed to blame carriers for the bags full of dust?   B)
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    WeberWho said:

After seeing these pallets of lump stacked 3 high, one on top of the other, are we still allowed to blame carriers for the bags full of dust?   B)
    Bottom ones go to restaurants in St Louis.  Anything shipped  LTL goes out of the other warehouse where it's 2 high max.  Nice try!!  :P