Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heads up

Options
 Buddy just bought 8 packers at Kroger for 2.49/ #. Choice grade but looked pretty good and not bad price these days. Good luck!

Comments

• marcdc
    marcdc Posts: 126
    Options
    damn good price, too bad I live in the DC area
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    buddy said they have a truckload!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Interesting, Pete! Was that some sort of insider deal and nothing advertised? Sure wasn't in Peoria anyway!
    In fact I was hellbent on ribs for Sunday and none of our stores had them so I got my last package of BB out.
    BTW Happy 4th of July!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    It’s crazy. Our grocery store had briskets today for $1.58 pound - all grades. I dug through and found three prime briskets at that price. How bad can they be?
    So this weekend I plan to cook them and then vac seal smaller portions. 
    Three weeks ago the same stuff was $6.59 a pound...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Picked this up on way home tonight.
    Not expecting a blue ribbon but just wanted to smoke up the back yard,

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Meanwhile, this east coast fellow has only this brisket selection in my neighborhood Kroger:

Oh well... at least I can get fresh caught blue crab, shrimp, and oysters pretty much any day so I guess it's a fair tradeoff. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    After the obvious "Better to be lucky than good any day" observation I will check it out Friday AM. Given the history , I am not anticipating any great finds like the above but would be pi$$ed if I missed.
    Congrats to all you who scored early July protein sales.  Enjoy as I know you will.
    And thanks for the alertment @pgprescott.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.