Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Rolls - help please

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Figured I will make some Lobster Stock with the shells . . instapot or just simmer in large skillet? any advice or recipes?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    NDG said:
    Figured I will make some Lobster Stock with the shells . . instapot or just simmer in large skillet? any advice or recipes?

dont have my recipe here but save the steamer water to add back in. sereous eats has a good writeup on it though i dont know if ive ever used that much butter or have ever used veggie oil. with bisque you want to start with partially cooked lobster meat to be added in the last minute.  you are just starting with the shells so just start in there

this would be good in deepsouts chowder, he posted his recipe here about 12 years ago and ive made it every xmas since adding lobster and scollops to it, its good on its own though

deepsouths recipe

its alot of work and make the stock outside or your house will stink for a week.  bury the shells deep

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    Options
    I can only tell you this: we stopped there initially on our five day trip. It was the first lobster roll we had on this vacation. We went back the next day before we left. Pulled by an invisible force....
    In another town the next night, we had a lobster roll, which I’m sure was good, but it was like going from 80 inch 4K color 4K back to a 13 inch black and white. Not sure I’ll ever be able to eat another lobster roll again..  Whatever you choose will be great. Enjoy.