Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Night Smashburgers

CornfedMA
CornfedMA Posts: 491
edited June 2020 in EggHead Forum
Haven’t posted a cook in a while and it’s been even longer since I made smashburgers. It was a nice night on the patio, good for a simple cook. 3 oz patties, carmelized onions, and American cheese cooked in cast iron. Worth the wait and the wife loved hers too 

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    I'd gladly pay you next Tuesday for one of those Smashburgers today!   =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    The onions!!!! 😛

Try adding my "special sauce" to that combo. About 1 Tbls mayo plus 1 tsp Dijon (more or less of each to taste). My favorite burger!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    YES - we did smash burgers w/ carmalized onions on Fathers Day as well.  Always good.  I went with 4 oz balls, should have done 3 oz.  Yours look exceptional.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”