Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE vs, Outdoor Pizza Oven (gas fired)

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 780
In a head to head contest
How does the BGE Perform

Thanks, MrToad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Not as consistently. That’s why I have both. Also the gas oven won’t give you any hint of smoky flavor where as even with perfectly lit neutral lump there is a small chance of a smoke profile.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I’ll also say that part of my decision to have both was based on my desire for extra cooking options. The oven is fun and diverse. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have cooked hundreds of pizzas on my eggs over the last 12 years. None have been as consistently good as those cooked on my black stone pizza ovens. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I decided to get a Roccbox when the pandemic started and I don’t regret it at all.  My best investment in a long time.  Results are night and day (Roccbox wins).  Not that the egg is bad (it is pretty good) but it is so much better on the Roccbox.