Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone 22” Griddle at Sam’s Club

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
$99.99 I’m sure they won’t last long.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    That ROCKS! As on owner of just a 19” one...(or is that 17”?) I can attest that those of us not wanting to give up more space for those big Blackstones on carts then a tabletop size rocks! 
    My only advice for newbies considering a Blackstone is grilling much of anything on them will mean grease splatters galore so whatever don’t plan to back it up against your siding or  brick wall! And lastly because we have a raccoon problem then leaving our Blackstone outside over night is asking for trouble! Why? I forgot to mention the grease trap.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    RRP said:
    That ROCKS! As on owner of just a 19” one...(or is that 17”?) I can attest that those of us not wanting to give up more space for those big Blackstones on carts then a tabletop size rocks! 
    My only advice for newbies considering a Blackstone is grilling much of anything on them will mean grease splatters galore so whatever don’t plan to back it up against your siding or  brick wall! And lastly because we have a raccoon problem then leaving our Blackstone outside over night is asking for trouble! Why? I forgot to mention the grease trap.
    It sounds like you need to invest in some grease trap liners. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Rear-Grease-Cup-Liner-for-Rear-Grease-Blackstone-Griddles/378655963
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Rear-Grease-Cup-Liner-for-Rear-Grease-Blackstone-Griddles/378655963
    Those don’t fit mine. I have even tried making my own size with mix luck aka failure!
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:

Those don’t fit mine. I have even tried making my own size with mix luck aka failure!
    I fit my trap with HD foil and it works well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:

That's strange. It says it fits the 17" Blackstone grease trap 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    edited June 2020
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:

What I have tried before didn't work, but they were small loaf pans or something from Kroger.  I'll have to look for them! Thanks!
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:

What I have tried before didn't work, but they were small loaf pans or something from Kroger.  I'll have to look for them! Thanks!
    Whoops - no it will not work for my older style 17". Those are for rear grease trap griddles. Mine is a small 3.25 x 3.625 front trap!
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    Dare to dream, I just got one for $250 canadian.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Yea, but having the best bacon to cook on it is priceless.
    I think at $250 I would have bought a used, small, commercial model.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    @Tspud1 can you PM cost for one of the stainless covers for the 22” I loved the one you made that I had on my 36” griddle.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ouch, I got a BNIB 28" from Walmart at end of last summer for 124 loonies  =)
    Edit: it's the model (latest?) with rear centre grease collector.
    canuckland
  • butt_juice
    butt_juice Posts: 129
    Options
    I have the 22" as pictured in OP. I agree it is pretty awesome. plenty big for me. Took it on a trip and easily fed 8 adults and two kids. We were able to eat at the same time too. 
    South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager