Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone air fryer combo

Options
txhawkeye
txhawkeye Posts: 279
Does anyone have one going to finally buy a griddle and like the idea of the fryer, I have never used an air fryer and may seem gimmicky so not sure. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them?

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a must have, but we have an air fryer and I'd probably buy it again. If I could only have one, I'd probably chose a Blackstone but lack the space for one.
    Stillwater, MN
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I wouldn't a need for a blackstone griddle (living alone) but a I have an 8qt IP & wish they would release an air fryer lid for that model  :s
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    You might want to check out Hungry Hussey on YouTube 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    I wouldn't a need for a blackstone griddle (living alone) but a I have an 8qt IP & wish they would release an air fryer lid for that model  :s

https://www.amazon.com/Mealthy-CrispLid-Pressure-Cooker-Silicone/dp/B07RZDFVQV

NOLA
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    My wife recently bought me a Blackstone and initially chose the air fryer combo version. After some research I went with the pro series 36” for a couple of reasons.

1. A review I saw on YouTube mentioned you couldn’t just pile things inside the basket so only a hand full of wings or whatever you’re “frying” per basket.

2. Our toaster oven is on it’s last leg and I plan on getting something like the Breville toaster oven that has an air fryer function. 

I just didn’t see myself using the Blackstone fryer enough to warrant the cost and like the added storage that I have with the Pro Series. 

Just my $0.02
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Cornholio said:

1. A review I saw on YouTube mentioned you couldn’t just pile things inside the basket so only a hand full of wings or whatever you’re “frying” per basket.

Not familiar with the Blackstone, but that's the problem with the instant pot lits (like I posted above).  You can only do one layer, and you have to flip everything halfway through.

However, if you're just doing a plate of wings, it works great (I have also fried salmon skin in it, which is also great, especially since you only have to do one side).  I find air frying things with batter doesn't work very well.
    NOLA
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Thanks for the input I am going to go with the standard 36” and purchase a R & V works Cajun fryer. One of the deciding factors is that you can’t covert the air fryer combo version to natural gas for some reason. 
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    You might want to check out Hungry Hussey on YouTube 
    This! Cc: @tarheelmatt
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA