Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -- Built in 6 Burner Gassers -- OT

Options
Looking for recommendations for a built-in 6 burner gasser that I'd like to drop into an outdoor cooking space I'm working up as part of a patio redesign.  Pre-egg , at my previous house, I built in a 6 burner Weber Summit and it was great.  When I moved, I left the built-in Weber behind and bought its standalone cousin.  While I don't use it much since getting my egg, SWMBO cooks on it a ton (and complains about my using it only for eggsessory storage -- guilty as charged).  The thing is a total beast, though -- it's been terrific for 10 or so years with only some rubber decay on the ignition switch and issues with the light-up knobs (which I find to be a dumb feature anyway, tbh). 

I'm thinking there's no reason to re-invent the wheel here, but if you've got experience or recommendations with any 6 burner built-ins, I'd be grateful if you'd share your thoughts . . . maybe I can shortcut a bit of the due diligence here.

Many thx in advance!      
It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Can the Weber you have be removed from the cart and dropped in?  I’d call Weber and ask, if you like that one.  May have to buy a couple of parts, but that’s much cheaper than a new one.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Legume said:
    Can the Weber you have be removed from the cart and dropped in?  I’d call Weber and ask, if you like that one.  May have to buy a couple of parts, but that’s much cheaper than a new one.
    I've been trying to sell that internally, but not getting much traction from a certain member of the Patio & Outdoor Kitchen Committee.  (Notice how I left that part out of the OP . . . ).  It's a possibility and maybe will get more consideration once we price a new unit and discuss who is going to manage selling the existing one.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    If you have your wife pushing for an unnecessary bbq upgrade (for a bbq you don’t use much yourself), I would be in the car right now buying something and banking that unnecessary upgrade goodwill to be cashed in later.  Buy the shiny one.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Legume said:
    If you have your wife pushing for an unnecessary bbq upgrade (for a bbq you don’t use much yourself), I would be in the car right now buying something and banking that unnecessary upgrade goodwill to be cashed in later.  Buy the shiny one.
    This is an easy trade.  Trust me.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Little shared experience on this request.  Weber it is!
    It's a 302 thing . . .