Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Steak

Options
BSR
BSR Posts: 165
250 raised indirect for 20 minutes and it's just as good as the first time.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks great!  What’s in the bowl?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BSR
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That looks great!  What’s in the bowl?
    Soy sauce and Thai chilies because I didn't expect a reheated steak to be worth a damn.
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Good to know , sounds better than microwave blast 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    Looks good!  Not sure I'd fire up the egg for a 20 min. reheat often.  I've always brought it up to room temp and tossed it into a very hot CI skillet for just a short time on each side. 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• BSR
    Options
    Webass said:
    Looks good!  Not sure I'd fire up the egg for a 20 min. reheat often.  I've always brought it up to room temp and tossed it into a very hot CI skillet for just a short time on each side. 
    Me too but it doesn't really work all that great. This was like the first time again. Never done it before, just happened to be heating it up for something else. I'll definitely do this from now on though. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    That's pretty much my goto except I reheat steak at 250F in then oven. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave