Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any PhotoBucket gurus here? :OT

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
Any users know how to get rid of this ruinous watermark or at least modify it someway?
Example:

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Likely you have to become a premium member

ive used https://imgur.com/ in the past dont remember the watermark being there.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • RRP
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Likely you have to become a premium member

ive used https://imgur.com/ in the past dont remember the watermark being there.
    Actually I am grandfathered into that! 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Xfire is correct Ron.  A bit over a year ago the Botophucket stopped being free.

Flickr is still free...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you're using PB to post pix here, you don't need to. Just drag and drop from your PC. You do need a host to post to the old forum. @Florida Grillin Girl uses one other than PB, but I forget which one, maybe imgur?

I've never used PB, but if I had been subjected to the extortion they tried to pull a couple of years ago, I sure would have dropped them fast!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Options
    Xfire is correct Ron.  A bit over a year ago the Botophucket stopped being free.

Flickr is still free...
    I understand that, but I pay albeit at a lower rate due to having been grandfathered since I had been a paid up member from years ago when PB had such a program. I just paid for another year back in January. Guess I better just call PB and ask.
  • RRP
    Options
    If you're using PB to post pix here, you don't need to. Just drag and drop from your PC. You do need a host to post to the old forum. @Florida Grillin Girl uses one other than PB, but I forget which one, maybe imgur?

I've never used PB, but if I had been subjected to the extortion they tried to pull a couple of years ago, I sure would have dropped them fast!
    Thanks Michael...it's just that many of my favorite pictures were on an old HP that has been repurposed as fence wire somewhere and PB was/is my only source for recovery.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Using Photobucket is almost bad as having an AOL.com email addy. Sadly, imgur is start to suck also... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    atleast the pics stopped be blurry as well =) for a while i could sneak a pic out of pbucket using aol instead of firefox
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    They still have hundreds of my photos hostage including years of photos from my construction projects before I retired. I have nothing but contempt for the company.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    RRP said:

Thanks Michael...it's just that many of my favorite pictures were on an old HP that has been repurposed as fence wire somewhere and PB was/is my only source for recovery.
    Check with @fishlessman. ISTR he had issues trying to get his pics back from PB purgatory. Dunno if he ever resolved or not.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Ron - is the watermarked photo cached in your browser?  Maybe try clearing cookies and cache and see if that works?
  • fishlessman
    Options

photo 104jpg

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    i just copied and pasted this from pbucket, is there a watermark on everyones screens except mine
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

photo 001-107jpg

fukahwee maine

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I use postimages.org

It's free and you don't even need to set up an account unless you want to store your pics there.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    edited April 2020
    Options
    never mind 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

photo 104jpg

Nice haul. No watermark here. 
    Snellville, GA

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Watermark free fish
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    just open the picture in the old pbucket account and copy paste it, dont use the links and i did it in firefox, other browsers might not work.  who knows how long before pbuck finds this and the pics get blocked again
    fukahwee maine