Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib rub comparison

Options
This is pretty good. 

https://youtu.be/aJNv00IWa_c

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Sucklebuster Honey BBQ is my go to for pork ribs...glazed with some honey butter
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I always use the Amazing ribs Memphis Dust recipe, minus the rosemary. I don't usually purchase premade rubs due to the high salt content.
    I may try some of the recommended brands.
    After watching the video, I think my next ribs will be salt and pepper only.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I used Central BBQ from Memphis Rib Rub the last three times I made ribs. Each time was spectacular.  I'm almost out of the stuff.  I brought back three bottles and gave two away, because I was heading back to Memphis a few weeks ago for work and resupply.

Fahkin' Covid.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I almost bought the Meat Church Holy Voodoo but I didn’t like that it had MSG. One of the grandkids in the family is sensitive to food dyes and such. I might get it and only use it when he won’t be around.

I tried 4 different rubs about 2 years ago. It might be getting time for another rib off.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited April 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I used Central BBQ from Memphis Rib Rub the last three times I made ribs. Each time was spectacular.  I'm almost out of the stuff.  I brought back three bottles and gave two away, because I was heading back to Memphis a few weeks ago for work and resupply.

Fahkin' Covid.
    @thetrim, They ship the stuff. Three bottles, $30...
    https://eatcbq.com/collections/all/products/seasoning

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    I go 1/2 & 1/2 with Oakridge BBQ Dominator & Memphis dust.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.