Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Mole......

Options
13»

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Okay the discount plus the free shipping drew me in . But it was the Spicey Pineapple Head that sealed the deal. Add in Mole, Wonderbird, Raging River, Ghost, and Spicey Dizzy Dust. I can give away some of my older bottles to the nephew.
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Bought a bottle yesterday.  Dealer had two .  Hoping it is as good as u all indicate . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Bought a bottle yesterday.  Dealer had two .  Hoping it is as good as u all indicate . 
    If you don’t like it, please send it my way.
    Honestly, I use it more on leftovers.
    Tear up some chicken, pulled pork, a hamburger, even brisket and warm up in a skillet sprinkled with Molé. Add a tiny bit of water. Stir it up and dump into a warmed up tortilla makes a great lunch or late night snack.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Probably a dumb question - just got some Mole and doing chicken fajitas tonight .  Gonna grill chicken and shred it . Should I put Mole on raw chicken and cook or sprinkle after it’s cooked ? Reason I ask is some of u say u sprinkle this stuff on left overs .  Thanks 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Probably a dumb question - just got some Mole and doing chicken fajitas tonight .  Gonna grill chicken and shred it . Should I put Mole on raw chicken and cook or sprinkle after it’s cooked ? Reason I ask is some of u say u sprinkle this stuff on left overs .  Thanks 
    Mix with a little olive oil and toss before cooking. I do the same with the veggies, but cook separately. I combine for about a minute before removing from the heat. I often add a squeeze of fresh lime and some chopped cilantro. Its OK to experiment. there are no wrong answers here. Enjoy your cook.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Mix with a little olive oil and toss before cooking. I do the same with the veggies, but cook separately. I combine for about a minute before removing from the heat. I often add a squeeze of fresh lime and some chopped cilantro. Its OK to experiment. there are no wrong answers here. Enjoy your cook.
    Well, I’ve always felt that my fajitas were lacking something . Not anymore , damn they were good , the Mole’ was the missing link. 

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    I'm glad I will never run out of my favorite, S&P that is all I need

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Well, I’ve always felt that my fajitas were lacking something . Not anymore , damn they were good , the Mole’ was the missing link. 
    Try chopping up some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to marinate the meat in along with the DP mole or without (as @northGAcock said, ok to experiment and part of the fun). So much flavor, the leftovers are insane after the onions and peppers soak in the sauce with the cooked meat.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Try chopping up some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to marinate the meat in along with the DP mole or without (as @northGAcock said, ok to experiment and part of the fun). So much flavor, the leftovers are insane after the onions and peppers soak in the sauce with the cooked meat.

Sounds fantastic!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Cornholio said:

Definitely going to try this, thanks!

1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Gonna keep the appreciation for this rub going! First run at using it tonight. Wagyu hangar steak coated in a chili infused olive oil and a heavy coating of molé. Made some impromptu tacos tonight that were outstanding! 

The flavors of this rub/seasoning are exceptional! 

Brandon - Ohio

• northGAcock
    Options
    Gonna keep the appreciation for this rub going! First run at using it tonight. Wagyu hangar steak coated in a chili infused olive oil and a heavy coating of molé. Made some impromptu tacos tonight that were outstanding! 

The flavors of this rub/seasoning are exceptional! 
    Seldom do you run across something so unique and good on the rub front. Welcome to the club. Cheers

• lentsboy007
    Options
    Is Mole still only 5000 units or is there  to be more produced? 

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    The limited run has been done for a while, but it's now on our full-time production list. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • northGAcock
    Options
    The limited run has been done for a while, but it's now on our full-time production list. Chris
    Chris thanks....and it really is a delightful product.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thank you!
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ