Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
First cook on the Ooni 16”.
Was much easier to launch and rotate the pizza and temp held real nice.
I did flop the **** out of my 2nd pizza. Not enough flour and it stuck on the peel. Salvaged most of it.
First was a no red sauce and me cheese breakfast ingredients for wife. Last was Italian sausage.
Thanks for looking.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    nice pies Darian!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks solid, Darian!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I’d crush those, looks good!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
     Wow! That's your FIRST attempt?! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Your stand makes me really nervous, lol. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
     Wow! That's your FIRST attempt?! 
    It’s kinda similar to the Karu I got on kick starter. Cooked on it once with wood and once with the gas burner. 
    This Koda 16 cooks much easier.
    These were 260-270 dough balls and still cooked in less than 2 minutes.
     Thanks 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    And the pies look great!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Nice surround flame. Enjoy.
    canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I love LORA to death but your pizza looks so much better. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• CPARKTX2
    CPARKTX2 Posts: 222
    Options
    Nice work.  And great, another toy the forum is getting me interested in!
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Mickey said:
    She doesn’t like tomato based sauce on pizza and allergic to dairy so no cheese.
    So it’s basically a dry sandwich.
    I think this cooker is going to be great for shrimp, fish and oysters.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Mickey said:
    She doesn’t like tomato based sauce on pizza and allergic to dairy so no cheese.
    So it’s basically a dry sandwich.
    I think this cooker is going to be great for shrimp, fish and oysters.
    How about a Naples style marinara pie (tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, fresh garlic, fresh basil, sea salt), but sub the marinara with pesto? I'll bet that would be great!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Yes please!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Carolina Q
    Options
    This, only green...

Pizza Marinara

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Darian, looks spectacular.  Now I want pizza, at 7:55am =)
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Darian, did you take a pic of the underside? Curious about leopard spotting.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Great-looking pies there!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    No, didn’t get a bottom crust photo this time. But it was cooked nice on bottom.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    No, didn’t get a bottom crust photo this time. But it was cooked nice on bottom.
    Thanks. Pls post a pic next time. I like the look and price of the Ooni 16, the size too, but before I buy one, I gotta see leopard spots! I just watched a YouTube video by the head dude of Ooni. He made two pies, but still didn't show the bottom. Looking for this...
    Word Coinage leopard spotting  Serious Eats

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    That sawhorse? and bungee contraption looks risky as hell but the pies are worth it.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks. Pls post a pic next time. I like the look and price of the Ooni 16, the size too, but before I buy one, I gotta see leopard spots! I just watched a YouTube video by the head dude of Ooni. He made two pies, but still didn't show the bottom. Looking for this...
    Word Coinage leopard spotting  Serious Eats
    Looks like a Dorito chip not a slice of pizza.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas