Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami Time!!

Options
Had a packaged corned beef 4lb’er I decided to make pastrami with.  Followed the Katz Amazing Ribs.com recipe.  Desalinated for a good 24 hrs and then mixed up the Katz copycat rub.  Lots of black pepper, coriander, mustard powder, some sugar among other things.  Rubbed on all sides and let it rest in the fridge for a good 3 days.  Smoked on the egg at 275f indirect until around 202 and proved like buttah!  Enjoy!  Amazing on grilled sandwiches and also pizza!  Please ignore the filthy plate setter 
2015 LBGE

Patriots and New England Fan all the way!

Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Bring on the Swiss cheese and sauerkraut! Looks great.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • colt84
    colt84 Posts: 13
    Options
    Here’s some slices along with the end for great leftover lunch 
    2015 LBGE

Patriots and New England Fan all the way!

Minneapolis, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Great work, fellas!
    Stillwater, MN
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Looks good. I like the pizza idea. That could be in the cards for this week. I’ve got way to much meat on my hands for just myself and SWMBO. 

Had some for dinner last night straight outta the sous vide. Very tender with good peppery, coriander bark with the salty, smoky goodness that I love. The flat was very good, but not great. The point is always my favorite and it was phenomenal. We’ll probably eat on this for a few days before it gets vac sealed. 

The point...

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    winner winner