Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please post you L hinge pictures

Options
Hello,

My dome alignment is driving me crazy lately. I've read tons of stuff and watched nearly all videos on YT, but I just can't get rid of underbite. To be precise I can perfectly align the dome when closed, but when I open and close it again the dome shows underbite.

It almost looks like the hinge is pulling the dome back and doesn't let it to go forward. It's not bad, but there is under bite and after sometime it damages the gasket at the bottom end. Additionally the dome when opened is kind not of fully open either.

I have a feeling either my springs are not tightened or my hinge is having some issues. The issue coud even be the point where the hinge attaches to the belts.

That being said I'm kindly asking you to post pictures of your hinge (large model closeups, details,...) when the lid is opened and closed.  My egg is 7 years old now...

Thanks!

Comments