Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Earthquake - OT

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
You guys in Salt Lake City okay?  I woke up to the shaking up here in Ogden, 5.7 magnitude centered I guess in Magna, a lot closer to you guys.  Some buildings downtown cracked and dropped some bricks.  Please check in when you can, fingers crossed!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• Botch
    Options
    Aftershock right now!   :o  Supposedly the sixth one, I hadn't felt the others.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    The last thing we need right now is natural disaster. Hope all is well with you and yours, Botch!
  • Botch
    Options
    Thanks, @GrateEggspectations.  Airport's been shut down (waterline breaks), rail service has ceased, and the three local news networks all went dark.  Guess it's time to make breakfast, not much else I can do right now.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    All good here on the Salt Lake east bench. 
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    As a native So Caler 5.7 is a pretty good shaker. Happy to hear no one was hurt. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    Options
    My sister who lives in Olympus Cove texted me a photo of Moroni without his trumpet.  This is iconic gold statue on the pinnacle of the Temple.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Botch
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    My sister who lives in Olympus Cove texted me a photo of Moroni without his trumpet.  This is iconic gold statue on the pinnacle of the Temple.
    Yeah, that was an extremely odd occurrence... (I'm not endorsing the message on this intranetz meme, it was just the only Before/After pic I could find)

And, whoa, looks like he lost his left hand too!  Good thing it's a bugle, not a trumpet.