Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at paleo pizza

Options
I've cooked pizza on the egg before, but never made one from scratch until tonight.  Went with paleo option as trying to eat healthier and have less GI issues. 
Trying to eat without preservatives and as fresh as possible. Eggs for crust came straight from the duck chickens.

Tonight I used mixture of almond flour /coconut flour crust . Baked at 450 for 10 minutes..pretty sure I messed up one step as would fall apart.

Homemade pizza sauce and fresh pepperoni.
Was very tasty will repeat 

Comments

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Good stuff. I was on the paleo train a few years ago, never could make a “traditional” pizza crust that I truly enjoyed. After a few attempts, all my pies were meat-zzas. 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I've cooked pizza on the egg before, but never made one from scratch until tonight.  Went with paleo option as trying to eat healthier and have less GI issues. 
    Trying to eat without preservatives and as fresh as possible. Eggs for crust came straight from the duck chickens.

Tonight I used mixture of almond flour /coconut flour crust . Baked at 450 for 10 minutes..pretty sure I messed up one step as would fall apart.

Homemade pizza sauce and fresh pepperoni.
    Was very tasty will repeat 

any trouble with the pie sticking to the foil?
    looks yummy
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Question for you duck Dr.....I am not a fan of the cauliflower crust (would rather go without za), but intrigued by your efforts here. So compared to a traditional crust, how would you compare it? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @northGAcock.
    Crust is sweeter due to coconut and almond flour.
    I haven't figured out the right combination/ratio.
    But right now what I've managed to cook it's more brittle and not as fluffy